Motherhood.....My Way

I've often had to dodge the question "so, how is motherhood?" I thought maybe I should take the time to work out the answer to that question. And you're the lucky audience who gets to hear me expound on the answer as I figure it out.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finding my rhythm

I can't believe it's been three weeks since I returned to work. Time really does fly. Sometimes it feels as if the days are blurring together and I can't distinguish one from the other. Before I know it, Friday is here and then before I can turn around or pause it's Monday again. I think I've finally fallen into a rhythm of some sort. I'm not sure whether it'll last or not.

My days start with feeding my son and end the same way. In between I work and pretend my life is still as it used to be. But it's not the same and my normal is very different from what it used to be. I can no longer meet up for drinks or dinner afterwards nor can I go home, unwind and decide to go to dinner at night. I'm on the clock when I go to work and when I come home. I thought when I took off my watch years ago that I beat that whole time restriction thing.

I get home after five and I have a 3 hour window to feed, clean, and then put my son to bed. Somedays it's nice others it can be a nightmare. But I'm slowly getting the hang of it, I think. Rough as today was, simply because I'm so tired, it was actually rather nice. I got to spend a little time w/ my son before he went to sleep. I even got to go out to dinner afterwards. Now I get to kill a few more minutes until he wakes up for his night time feed and then off to bed to start all over again.

Today I'm thinking it's not so bad. Tomorrow I may change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment