Motherhood.....My Way

I've often had to dodge the question "so, how is motherhood?" I thought maybe I should take the time to work out the answer to that question. And you're the lucky audience who gets to hear me expound on the answer as I figure it out.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

From me, to we, to us

 
Posted by Picasa
My plan was simple. Upload all my pictures and place my orders online before midnight. I got greedy, my internet connection got slow and I missed the midnight deadline to use my coupon. So I have ditched that idea. Instead I decided to edit my photos from last night and upload them to Facebook. All this came about because my other half got an email saying the US Census is looking for mixed race families. And we realized that outside of the picture that the hospital staff took of the three of us the day my son was born, there aren't any pictures of us.

So we hurried off my parents, who happily took pictures of us. We have quite a few to work with now. Then when I looked at the pictures, I felt something close that I can only describe as wonder and shock. We have countless pictures of us, my husband and me. We look great together. Now here is our little boy, a slice of our DNA, a real person, a real little boy, who exists because we do.

I had intended to post for the New Year but somehow the days slipped past me and then I got sick (probably picked something up from some relative or friend over the holidays) and it just never happened. But this year, 2010 is a brand new one for us. Yes, we became parents in 2009 but this is our first year starting out as a family, as parents, as a threesome instead of the usual twosome. It's been 9 amazing years and frankly my scalp is itching from anticipation of what lies ahead.

So, shall we plunge on ahead into this year and find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment